Saturday 25 March 2017

Wimbly Lu (2nd Visit this year)

This is a mid-week update after catching up with another friend there and trying more food. Keeping this entry short because of my limited time to sustain this hobby.




So the plan was to eat enough so that I can skip dinner. Been eating too much and I'm watching my weight. Anyway, the plan failed. I got hungry and ate horfun at night.

We ordered the molten lava cake ($6) to share along with the other food. I was surprised they served the cake on a plate instead of the cupcake holder they used to serve it in. In any case, the cake was crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. I like it that the molten lava chocolate was very rich in taste. Perfect for chocolate lovers.

For small bites, we settled for Sticky Honey Garlic Wings ($7). Its really good! The wings were fried till crispy, very richly coated with honey and garlic and chicken meat was tender. I couldn't find any fault with it. I especially like the sweet honey glazed taste when I munched on my wings.

Lastly, I wanted some tart so picked the Shirley's Apple Pie ($7) on the waiter's recommendation. This one is truly a winner. I'm not a fan of fruit in my food. However, this one has triggered a apple tart craze in me. The apple is glazed just right, not too sweet, thankfully not sour. The tart is of the right thickness, with a cookie crumps texture, both apple and tart goes perfectly well together. Awesome stuff. I'll order this again when I come back!

It's without a doubt that Wimbly Lu is my recommended dessert pick whenever anyone ask me for dessert recommendations when they are in Serangoon. They have two outlets but I always prefer the Jalan Riang Branch.

Wimbly Lu
15-2 Jalan Riang