Sunday 22 January 2017

Atlas Coffeehouse

It's weekends again and this week is all about the mad rush for Chinese New Year preparations. Quite frankly, I'm blogging and eating in between work. Trying to maximize my time without spending too much time on unproductive technology (my new year resolution this year). I spent weekends hunting for Chinese New Year food and just bought the Kele Pineapple Tarts for my friends and folks at home. Kele Pineapple Tarts was the winner of last year's Jurong Point's Search for the Best Pineapple Tart Contest.


Atlas Coffeehouse has been a craving since I visited Paddy Hills. Back then, I was searching for the best hotcakes and both Atlas Coffeehouse and Paddy Hills were shortlisted. Given the busy schedule of Vain Pot and myself, we finally managed to squeeze in a trip to Bukit Timah to try out the much raved about Butterscotch Banana Pancake.


To kick start our meal, we shared the Creamy Mushrooms on Sourdough with Sunny Egg ($14+$2 for sunny egg). The food was cooked well but without any stand-out factor. It's definitely a pleasurable breakfast dish but I felt that the creamy mushrooms could have been more flavourful. Egg was runny and bread was well toasted. A decent meal if you aren't asking for much.


The Atlas Butterscotch Banana Pancake ($18.50) was what I specially made this trip for. The pancakes are served with homemade butterscotch and honey comb ice cream topped with lots of honey gold flakes. On the side, there's also maple syrup to be added. I'm a sweet tooth person and I kinda poured too much maple syrup for Vain Pot's liking. Whoops. Apart from that, I found the pancakes done perfectly, it's crispy on the outer layer and fluffy on the inside. The ice cream, bananas and maple syrup provided a perfect match to the fluffy pancakes. I would want to eat this again. It should be mentioned that eating this with 2 people or alone is not advisable because it gets 'jelat' after the ice cream gets finished. It's better to try this in a bigger group.

Will I come back here again? I think there's potential in the menu. To only try one main and conclude isn't very fair to the cafe. If all else fails, I'll be back just to have Butterscotch Banana Pancake as my dessert. It's worth trying!

Atlas Coffeehouse
6 Duke's Road
(Just take MRT or Uber, parking is a hassle)