Monday 29 May 2017

Gills N Shells

I'm a little late on this week's post because I spent my weekend at a trading course. Looking forward to Monyay! to try out the new knowledge. I'm also grateful that Vain Pot was nice enough to accommodate my schedule and went food hunting with me over dinner.


Gills N Shells is located at Boss Hotel. Its location is not very prominent as it's a 5mins walk from Lavender MRT. Its operations started in 2016 and I think recently publicity picked up again which was how I discovered the place on my instagram (@bluntandfussyeater).


It's 1.49am in the morning, so if I suddenly don't make sense, you know why. We kicked off our meal with Clams & Mussels ($8). It's part of the starter menu and the dish introduced its arrival with a very strong appetizing aroma. The dish is generously filled with clams and mussels as the name suggest. What both of us like most about it is the broth that has a rich clams, mussels and wine taste. It went perfectly with the two slices of garlic bread offered. Highly recommended!



For mains, Vain Pot ordered the Hae Bee Hiam Pasta with Grilled Cod ($15). The dish was serve pipping hot and has a very strong Hae Bee Hiam taste. Pasta was al dente and the taste lingers in your mouth making you crave more. I felt the cod was ordinary but the Hae Bee Hiam Pasta totally agrees with both of us. Another must ty!

My own selection was the Salted Egg Pasta with Grilled Tiger Prawns ($15). Upon its arrival, it earned its first praise from Vain Pot for its rustic presentation. A bite into the dish confirmed the rich salted egg flavour that coated the al dente pasta. Another memorable dish! I felt the prawns went well with the pasta and the servings were very generous and inexpensive. I'll recommend trying this too!

I guess from the post its not difficult to guess that I'll definitely want to come back. I'll strongly ask everyone to patronise them because they were completely empty when I went on a Saturday night. At this rate, they have a very slim chance to last long, and I won't have value for money good food for long. I strongly believe that the food can speak for itself but perhaps due to its anonymity they aren't given a chance to showcase their food to more people. I highly recommend this place!!

Gills N Shells
500 Jalan Sultan #01-01 S199020