Sunday 12 June 2016

Lady M

This will be a short post before I head to work. It's the GSS period and I have been on quite a bit of shopping frenzy. Over the past week of running around, one of the things I really look forward to doing is to sit at a relaxing cafe and enjoy good cakes and coffee. To achieve this, I plotted my visit to Lady M with Vain Pot with this specific purpose!


The first time I dined in at Lady M gave me a feeling I'm enjoying cakes with a friend overseas. It left such a relaxing memory in my head I've always since associated relaxation with Lady M. In the past couple of months, I did try to dine here but didn't have the patience to survive the long queue. Today, with new found determination to reward myself for a wonderful first month in my new job, I braved the queue. The turnover was surprisingly fast, so don't be put off by the long streak you see. 


Having bought takeaways a good number of times, we settled for the unique cakes which requires more skill to produce. Signature Mille Crepes ($9) and Strawberry Mille Feuille ($9). The original Mille Crepe tastes really good with its light texture, perfectly layered paper thin crepes. I like it that the sweetness was just right and you won't feel "jelat" eating it. 

The strawberry feuille was another well made pastry with the layers puff pastry flaky and light. I like it that the strawberry wasn't over-generous, sweet and cream not overly excessive. Everything in balanced proportions taste awesome and this one definitely makes the grade. 

The dine in experience at Lady M with its wonderful white interior and a long glass window that allows you to enjoy the view of orchard road makes it an awesome place to enjoy good coffee and cakes. The attentive staff at Lady M with impeccable service makes the visit even more wonderful. I must say that unlike most cafes I have been to where the staff are a tad too eager to clear the plates, the staff at Lady M are very not intrusive. I'll definitely come back again whenever I want to let my hair down and enjoy some great desserts after a hard week of work. 

Lady M
Orchard Central Shopping Mall, 181 Orchard Road, Orchard Central
#01-27 & #02-07
(Please head to level 2 to start your queue)