Saturday 2 January 2016

Atmosphere Bistro and Bar

The start of a new year brings inspiration to try something I've never tried before. While we have always seen really pretty looking 3D latte art online, it actually isn't that easy to find any in Singapore... let alone good ones. The original plan was to go for the McRitchie tree top walk, another first, before heading to Atmosphere for brunch. Unfortunately carriage (my car) is still in hospital and we had to settle for a refreshing walk along East Coast Park...

I have to disclaim that I am really anal about food. I do pride myself for bringing my companions to GOOD food, appraised by the companions of course. Hence prior to most organized outings, I take great effort to research on the food before I head there. One pain point I always encounter especially with the food blogosphere is the lack of quality control. Value for money food is mistaken as good food. Instagram worthy food is also interpreted as good tasty food. Sometimes it riles me because the trip can end up being disappointing and time is a commodity we can't replace. 



Atmosphere Bistro at ECP serves decent food. Nothing fantastic but anyway, I personally feel the highlight shouldn't be food. I came here specifically for the 3D latte art. The Eggs Benedict ($17) and Classic Big Breakfast ($20) which we tried met the minimum standards eg, runny egg yolk, brioche bread toasted just right, etc... I felt the scrambled eggs were a bit diluted and so were the baked beans. Taste wise, nothing to lure me back here for seconds. 


The 3D latte art didn't disappoint. Instagram worthy and it did attract praise from whoever who have seen this picture. Yes, I will come back here for coffee with new companions just for the experiential effect. Take your fill of photos to make it worth your trip because you may not touch the coffee much after that if you don't really like sweet coffee. (By the way, 3D latte art would cost you an extra dollar)

If you aren't fussy with food and don't mind paying a bit more, this is a great hangout for morning cycling at ECP and insta-worthy coffee for brunch. 

Atmosphere Bistro and Bar
920 East Coast Parkway #01-25/26/27
Brunch is only available on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays 
(You may try their Alexandra Village outlet for weekday brunch)